Monday, September 18, 2006

CATCHING UP


There is something extremely wrong with us, you know what that is? We don’t understand people. We think that other people think like we do, we think that they do the same things we do, we think that the see things the way we do, we think that they believe in the same things we do; therefore, we can not communicate.
I read what the pope said, and I think that I understood what he meant. He was quoting from a book; he didn’t mean to undermine Islam. He was simply addressing the matter of how we can reason faith, and whether reason, as we know, is enough to understand the work of god or how god works and thinks.
I'm a little into philosophy, and I can understand that. What I can't understand is why are you so pissed off over some comments from the pope which you considered insulting to Islam, to the level of burning churches and killing innocent nuns, why are you so pissed off at that and you are cool with islamofascism? You didn’t burn American embassies, you didn’t call your ambassadors home, you didn’t go to mosques and shout death to America, or America is part of your fantastical crusade.
The only crusade, of there is one, is being led by Muslims, not Christians.
Muslims are the ones who hurt Islam the most, not Christians. I'm not defending the pope, because he really has control what he says, and I'm not saying what I'm saying because I'm Christian, because that has nothing to do with it. We hit a new low everyday, we choose our battles, but we choose poorly. We are emotional people, which is a good thing because it means that we have good hearts, but we direct our emotions towards the direction. Instead on focusing on the real problems, we busy ourselves with trivial matters and leave the big picture.
We hate the pope for saying that, we burn churches, we kill nuns, we threaten to raze the Vatican, we do all that, which makes us look bad, while instead we could do one simple good thing which will make us look very good and civilized, we could reason.
Yes, reason. If you thought the pope offended you, and said things that not true, do you think that burning churches and killing nuns is gonna help your cause? Do you thinks that protests with slogans like the pope is part of a crusade against Muslims and Islam is gonna help make the world understand that what he said was not true? We do not know how to reason. Actually we knew how to reason, we knew how to talk sense, we knew how to teach others and convince them with whatever we wanted to say, but it seems that we have forgotten how to do that.
The same thing happened with that cartoons deal, we forgot that Muslims are being persecuted in their Muslim countries, by Muslim hands, and when they seek refugee in other countries, non-Muslim countries, they are welcomed. Does that make sense to you? Cause it doesn’t to me.
This is a very sensitive matters for Muslims, but it appears to me that you are ok with Muslims being killed by Muslims, islam being ridiculed by Muslims, the whole world telling you what to do while you are idle, people moving on and leaving you 300 hundred years behind, you are ok with all that, but you are not ok with some stupid cartoons or some silly quote.
No wonder we are still stuck in the 12th century, still dreaming about a long lost glory while the rest of the world is in the 21st century and making a whole brand you glory for itself overlooking those who are left behind.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a post! i can not imagine what you all go through over there in iraq with all the hate and death every single day and be albe to think in to what the pope ment i agree with your thoughts in your post. the pope is probably as heart broken with the iraq people killing each other every day in the name of islam as you all are and just hopes for peace for iraq stay safe may god blees you and your family

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger dgfdsgdsgds said...

Very well said.

I miss you, my friend.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger jae said...

Hi LORD -
Sorry that I've not been around. I am on overload with what is happening here in the US. Just last week, the Writ of Habeus Corpus was deemed invalid by the Congress. I am as confused as I have ever been.
You write so rationally about the aggressions and violence in this world. You say the only crusade is led by Muslims. I do not agree.
There is a 'crusade' of sorts being led by Neo-Conservatives ... the same ones that Rule the US with a Fascist Fist.
Please read everything here:
www.newamericancentury.org
and write about it. I know what my feelings are on the content, but I am really interested to know yours.
Thank you and be well
I sign in my given name for once
jacqueline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home