Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR?


First of all I want to say happy new year to all, and I wish everybody a good year, or at least a better year than the last one.
Anybody heard Mr. Bush saying that all the intelligence information about Iraq before the war were"in accurate". I didn't listen to or read the speech in English, and this is the closest translation to what I read. He was pretty keen not to use the word "wrong" or "false", and he didn't apologize to the American people let alone the Iraqi people. He said that they should "adapt", and it doest matter anyway, the info that is, because now the Iraqi people have democracy. He didn't actually say it, but that was what he meant.
Doesn't matter?No... Seriously? I mean what is that? I give him every right to say what he wants, cause the guy is blind. He doesn't se beyond his nose, and he doesn't to listen to anything other than himself. He thinks god speaks to him, and he has a mission, he actually used the word "crusade" once, maybe he thinks that they will give the crown of Jerusalem after freeing it from the infidels, I don't know, who am I to judge?
Anyway, that's not the point here. The point is, in a democracy when people do something wrong or give wrong information to the public they get punished if they deliberately mislead the public the go to trail, or at least the are forced to resign office. So what happened when Mr. Bush said what he said? NOTHING. I bet the Americans didn't even give a damn. But then again maybe America is not a democracy after all, I mean hey... They tap people's phones without a court order, the want to legalize torture, they even have secret prisons in which prisoners are held without trial. So much for the protector of the free world.
But hey it's all for the grater good, and again who am I to judge?
They are doing well in Iraq, reconstruction,democratic elections, new full term government, absolutely great. But-there is always a but- we Iraqis are so stupid and dumb that we don't see all of that, they have to pay us to realize it. The American military paid newspapers to publish the "good suff" about Americans troops, they even paid some groups to participate in the elections and to persuade other groups to do so too. I didn't practice my right in the elections, guess the check bounced!!
I want to say a lot more but I really do not know where to begin, maybe some other time.
Happy new year everyone.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord,
Please tell us what you think of al Zawahiri's latest speeches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home